Sunday, November 11, 2012

This I Believe

From my own understanding, belief is some abstract thoughts or opinions hold by people that reflect his/her attitude towards life, values and the outside world, it could be a kind of specific religion or some sort of certain rules that he/she insists and uses them as guidelines to guide his/her life. I also found an interesting website in which different people share their beliefs, here is the link: click me


I BELIEVE THEREFORE I HOPE. photo source 
 

As for me, I don't have any religious beliefs just like most of Chinese people do nowadays, but I do surely believe in something else. I believe that good begets good, and evil leads to evil. Just like hard-work leads to success, honesty leads to trust, and cheating leads to fail, there always gonna be consequences for what you have done in the past, maybe it is one of the universal basic rules.

When I was a little child, I used to make fun of my disabled neighbor, I realized my fault until I went to school, but I never get a chance to make an apology to him for he has passed away after that. Now I live with guilty because of my bad behavior, which is the consequence I deserve.

With the time goes by, life experience expands, maybe we have to add more beliefs in our lists, but no matter what they are, we should always believe in the grace of life, and be grateful to everyone we meet in this life. What do you believe in? I would be very glad to share your experience.

FANTASY, photo source

6 comments:

  1. Do you believe that life is causal chain? One event leads to another? Isn't it true that a bad person can succeed by cheating and never go to jail? And isn't it the same, that some good people get punished by poverty, no matter how hard they work? Am I being superficial here? Can you answer my questions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The examples you mentioned really happened around the world however, but I think the true happiness is from your belief and the peace of heart. People who succeed by cheating will always be blamed by his own conscience, if he didn't do anything to fix it, he would be puzzled for his rest of life and go to hell after he die. In addition, goodness can't lead to rich but lead to happiness, which is the most valuable thing in the world, peace and happiness can make his life complete and being respected even live in poverty.

      Delete
    2. Of course I believe in causal chain, even the whole universe is in a causal chain, by measuring current parameters accurately, with phisics rules, the world is predictable(so far it is incalculable) and has only one possible future. This lead to a cruel fact: our fates have been written down, but so far we can't see it .

      Delete
  2. You are a boy of talents and a man of being good at thinking. I really appreciate you. Your opinion is similar with Buddhism . The result and the reason. However, I don't entirely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You shold understand this is just an assignment, I have to get something to write down, forgive me

      Delete