Monday, November 19, 2012

Beside the Rivers and Sea

Sometimes we get tired of modern busy lives, maybe it's time for us to stop our step and settle down to look for the peace of heart and gain the new power to restart our journey. As for me,  every time I stuck, I would like to take a walk along the river or the sea coast, let the wind comb and refresh my thoughts, let the water wave wash away the sorrows.


THE SEA COAST GUARDIAN. Coconut tree is a kind of typical plant in tropical regions, especially the areas near the sea. This photo was taken in Xiamen when I was still a high school student, this is also the first time I see the ocean and fell in love with it. (Photo by Shell Bean)


FROZEN LAKE. The winter in northeast China, the temperature could even reach -40 degrees, but we can still have fun in outside. The thickness of ice in Nanhu Park can reach 50 centimeters, which allows us take walks, skate and even practice car drifting on it. (Photo source)

A CLOSE LOOK OF NORTH KOREA. Across the Tumen River, the beautiful and barren countryside view of North Korea is right in front of you. I heard lots of horrible news about what is happening in this country, Hope the people there -live long and prosper- (photo by Shell Bean)



THE VANISHING HORIZON. The heavy fog in that morning in Dalian even made it hard to distinguish the horizon over the sea, and it also made everything become vague and beautiful. Several new couples were taking wedding photos on the beautiful beach, while I was taking photos about them. (photo by Shell Bean)


FLOATING ON A FLOOD. After a few days of heavy rain, Xiangjiang River, a big branch of Yangtze River in my sweet hometown, rose into a higher water level. Fortunately, it didn't cause much loss due to the tremendous experiences. This photo was taken on a small boat when I was trying crossing the river. (photo by Shell Bean)

There are less chances for me to see the rivers and sea in Atlanta where I am staying right now, writing this post pushes my memories back to these scenes and reminds me of those happy times. For the next move, I hope there will be one day that I can go and visit Niagara Falls. What about you? Is there any place you want to visit in this beautiful world?

1 comment:

  1. Oh Oh Oh! Dear Shell Bean, I am working here late at night, reading blog entries of my students, and I am feeling tired. Then you just published this blog entry with its theme of water and how large bodies of water refresh us and how the wind can "comb our thoughts."

    I feel refreshed!

    I especially appreciate your photos and that you took most of them. I love seeing these places through your camera lens and your words! Thank you! Do you have a favorite place to go to? Is that place pictured here?

    ReplyDelete