Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Day 5: the Self-awareness

Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is enlightenment.
Lao Tzu

Maybe the most amazing and incomprehensible thing in the world is that you can feel yourself. When we were born there was no memories or self-awareness inside, and before that we don't even exist yet! So where are we from and who are we? Why was this body being chosen to be "me" instead of others? We'd better start with distinguishing the physical me and self-awareness me.

What do you see when you are looking at yourself? (photo source)
Physically, I was made of large amount of atoms which combined together and arranged in a certain way accurately. While my self-awareness separates me away from others and reflect my situations so that I can adjust myself just like a self-feedback system, it offered probabilities for us to be better by self-adjusting which made us intelligent. We are using it to observe not only the external world, but also us and itself, then in this way we were being found, our identities were not being found by the physical differences but by the self-awareness.

How was my identity being found? Why was this body being chosen to be "me" instead of others? (photo source)

It is possible that self-awareness is the result of bio-structure which is complicated enough, and the requirement of the environment. Even we know more about the self-awareness, the questions above maintain mysteries. As I mentioned in a former blog entry, free will could be our illusion, then self-awareness might not offer us the chances to make choices by aware the situations, however it was designed in this way so that we can aware we are not alone and how precious we are in this world. The self-awareness could be part of the chain and also be the “light” for us that lead us to our destiny.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Shell Bean, I am loving the questions you are asking and where these questions are taking both you and me.

    I have always wanted to know this "me" that you speak of as "identity." How is it that when we share the same genes as our siblings, that we can be so different in our "identities" from one another?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The genes can only decide a person's physical form, even there are two guys share exact the same genes, each one of them know he is different because he can only feel himself, he know he is there due to their self-awareness, that's how they identity themselves. they react in different ways according to his unique experience is the way others identify them.

      Hope the meaning of these including the blog entries maintain when it was being stated in English :-)

      Delete