Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 10: Being Accepted

Being accepted means not only being accepted by others, but also being accepted by yourself which I think is more important. In this post, I would definitely like to talk more about the later one.

Accepting ourselves does not represent we are going to maintain the current situation forever, but it is the first step for us to make a change after knowing who we are. People who doesn't accept himself acts wired and always trying to run away from himself, and it's incredible tough and dull to be around with people who do not accept themselves, just think about this: who is going to accept someone who even don't accept themselves?
Love yourself is also the way of accepting yourself. (photo source)
The future is open and we can make a difference at any time. No matter who we were and what we have done, just accept the fact and learn from it. Avoiding or escaping ourselves is not the solution since it keeps you away from the true feeling and reality, while accepting means getting more close to ourselves, knowing what we are experiencing and what we want in the near future which are the first things you need to figure out before make a change.

Accepting the shyness, just like accepting one of my invisible old friends, even though he embarrassed me so many times in the past. But for this time I can't ignore his existence anymore, and I am going to accept the fact that he has being with me for the last fifteen years and talk to him: I appreciate the time we spent together, but please just stay at home from now on and don't bother me while I'm working, I am gonna miss you, my dear friend.

Accepting who you are is the first step to make a change. (photo source)
Of course if you don't need to change, just accept yourself as well. Accepting everything about yourself will definitely makes you understand better about the role you are playing and get on the right position in this world.

The only one you can have for your lifetime is yourself. So, please take a "picture" of your face and mind, remind yourself that after 20 years, you will be amazed at how gorgeous you were.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Shell Bean.
    I agree with your idea that accept myself is important. Accepting ourselves means not being passive. It's very difficult because we have to change ourselves. What a deep blog entry.

    ReplyDelete